It is our pleasure to welcome you to the Sachem Central School District Guidance Department website. The Sachem school counselors are committed to working with all students to assist them in reaching their individual academic and personal potential. Our counseling program encompasses academic planning, social development, skill development and transitional activities. We have created a developmental counseling program for students in grade 6 - 12 where our counselors work collaboratively with students’ families, faculty members, building administration and, of course, each student, in order to maximize the opportunities available to students in our schools.
The Sachem school counseling program includes:
- individual and group guidance sessions
- academic planning and monitoring
- transitional advisement: elementary to middle school, middle school to high school and high school to college/employment/military/vocational placement
- problem solving and decision making
- crisis support and intervention
- college exploration and planning
- college representative visits: during the school day and for our annual College Night program where over 200 colleges are represented
- evening parent information sessions: college exploration activities, financial aid procedures and availability, high school planning and success, college application procedures and academic planning
- information on important topics including NCAA eligibility, PSAT, ACT and SAT testing, BOCES and Sachem Career Training Programs, scholarship availability and middle school/high school success strategies
- access to the Naviance Student program where students and families can obtain information related to college acceptance rates, scholarship information and post high school planning
- and much more…..
Students and parents are encouraged to visit the guidance office regularly to obtain updated information, speak with the counselor and have questions answered. This website includes links to important information including all guidance related publications, counselor contact information, evening parent presentations, our School Profile, our Guidance Handbook with course descriptions as well as school policies and procedures, and a calendar of events. Please visit this site regularly to obtain current information.
We welcome ideas and feedback and can be reached at 631-471-1705.